Multiple Sclerosis is a condition where your immune system attacks the covering that protects your nerves. This causes nerve damage, making it hard for your brain to talk to the rest of your body.
Symptoms May Include:
- Visual disturbances
- Muscle weakness
- Trouble with coordination and balance
- Sensations such as numbness, prickling, or “pins and needles”
- Thinking and memory problems
There is no cure for Multiple Sclerosis. But there are medications available to help manage and treat Multiple Sclerosis:
- Disease modifying drugs help slow and limit the progression of Multiple Sclerosis and many disabilities related to it. They can also lower the number of relapses.
- Certain types of steroids help reduce swelling and stop relapses or flare-ups
- Additionally, there are medications to help manage symptoms such as muscle tightness/spasms or trouble going to the bathroom.
- Multiple Sclerosis medications can be injected under your skin or into your muscle, infused into a vein, or taken by mouth.
Visit our Patient FAQs
Patient Support Websites
- Multiple Sclerosis Foundation
- Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
ReCept stocks all the most advanced Multiple Sclerosis medications, including the newly released drugs. Below is a sample list of the latest specialty drugs we provide:
Multiple Sclerosis Oral Therapies
Aubagio – Immunomodulator (affecting the production of T and B cells; may also inhibit nerve degeneration)
Gilenya – S1P – receptor modulator (blocks potentially damaging T cells from leaving lymph nodes)
Tecfidera – Immunomodulator with anti-inflammatory properties; may have neuroprotective effects
Vumerity – Immunomodulator
Dimethyl Fumarate – Generic version of Tecfidera
Multiple Sclerosis Injectable Therapies
Avonex – Immune system modulator with antiviral properties
Bataseron – Immune system modulator with antiviral properties
Copaxone – Synthetic chain of four amino acids found in myelin (immune system modulator that blocks attacks on myelin)
Extavia – Immune system modulator with antiviral properties
Glatopa – As a generic version of Copaxone, Glatopa is a synthetic chain of four amino acids found in the myelin
Plegridy – Immune system modulator with antiviral properties
Rebif – Immune system modulator with antiviral properties
Ask a Pharmacist
Do you have a question for a ReCept Pharmacist? If so, please ask now.